Wednesday, July 27, 2005

hah! now i know...

the lovely flower is on a bush/small tree called Leycesteria Formosa. (photo friday, july 22) there are little black edible fruits (berries?) that form after the flower, which are sweet and some people make jelly from them. i cut a couple of small branches with the flower on the end and put them with other flowers in a vase. everything else in the vase faded away after 4 or 5 days, and this one is still alive and perky. gotta love it! i know i do.

and here's a photo of the fruits forming -

2 comments:

Pam said...

I am glad you discovered what that lovely flower ils.(damned L key has followed me to YOUR blog now!) I can't wait for the package to get here. I am like a kid at Christmas. You may have to downshift and gun it. Lynn is fighting hard for the spot of Enabler no. 1. And I am loving it. It's not hard to enable me. I am easy. And she is doing a great job of it. What does BTW mean?

Sandy said...

BTW = by the way. I sent the pkg priority cause it was only $1 more and 5 days faster!