Friday, March 24, 2006

spring???

well, the weather goddess celebrated spring with one lovely day here, appropriately - on the first day of spring!!... and it's been rainy ever since! everywhere i look around my queendom it's green, with little spots of color peeking up from the ground and trees looking ready to burst into spring glory... and then there's the weeds. ah, yes, the weeds.

I took Jim to the airport at 5a.m yesterday (which means i got up at 4a.m.... eeeek) and he flew to Phoenix to meet up with Chris and see some Mariner baseball spring training camp games. I'm glad he didn't have tickets to see the Blazers play the Suns last night, as they got thoroughly thumped, and have now lost something like 21 of the last 23 games. They have gone way past pitiful and are now an embarrassment! Lots of young talent on that team.... they just have to learn to use it, I guess. can't believe i'm writing about sports!!

so, while it's just me and the dawgs here, I'll get a bunch of dyeing done. I got a lovely serendipitous result the other day that I'll try to repeat. Using ProChem Washfast acid dyes, I poured the bright turquoise next to the iris, with just a tiny space in between them... and where they blended together there was a most glorious electric blue!! Loved it!

The only other "must do" (besides outing and inning the dogs) is to get address labels printed for the invitations to Pop's 90th birthday big bash on april 22. he emailed me the invitation list and (so far) there's 104 invitations to send. it's going to be one big party...

No comments: