Thursday, April 27, 2006

life is good!

and today I spent some time in my studio dyeing! definitely a good day here!! and tomorrow at noon i'm leaving for a weekend at the beach (a rental condo in Rockaway, OR) with a few twisted sisters. here are some of the fibers i'll take with me...

this is a 50/50 merino and tencel blend that has been languishing - i mean aging - in my stash for a very long time. I really love the soft, muted colors. See, it isn't ALL about in your face color, just mostly.


dyed mohair locks using lanaset and/or pro washfast dyes with the heat it up in the electric skillet, add vinegar, splash on dyes and simmer.


Blue Face Leicester top featuring "in-your-face-orange" and "attitude pink" which may not make the cut for the beach trip. i'm in the mood to spin some silk and love spinning it on my Journey wheel which is packed and ready to go! will need to go digging in the stash for some sensuous silk.

My dad has improved to the point that he wants to go back to his apt. at assisted living, so Curbhead will take him there tomorrow. Hoping Home Infusion nurses will come early tomorrow a.m. to remove his picc line... last infusion is midnight tonight, for which he and i will both be grateful!

No comments: