Tuesday, October 03, 2006

yarn!

Shocking, i know, but i actually took photos of yarn and also a project in progress! I spun up some of the fiber that i bought from Dicentra at OFFF, and even though the color in the photo isn't quite correct, i do love how this fiber looks spun up!


and this is probably the kiss of death for this cardigan in progress, but i'll take that chance. (if it does end up lanquishing in the unfinished corner, it will be in good company) The yarn is from 2 different dye batches, and had enough in common that i thought they would work together.. and i do think i like the combination. I'm making a side-to-side cardigan, just below waist length (i think...), with a scoop neck. this is a close-up of the back:


and this is the R front in progress:


The other current project hasn't come out well in photos yet. Still working on that, including actually reading the camera user guide... yep, if all else fails, just read the manual, dummy! Lynne sent me a little bundle of delicious fiber she had dyed which she said had my name on it! it's merino, silk and angora in soft shades of iris, old gold, goldy green, soft sage, and i want to use it in the cuff of socks in some kind of fairisle pattern. So, the challenge is finding suitable fiber in my stash and get it spun before we leave on the 16th for Italy and Crete. I haven't been inspired to knit socks in a long time, and this will be a great take-along project! The timing is good for stash diving, because i've been trying to go thru it all before i leave to be sure everything is in bags and protected from pests.
So, as soon as I can get the camera adjusted so that the colors look more true, there will be pictures of this project!

3 comments:

Pippi said...

beautifulness!!!!

Carolyn said...

The title of your post should have been "yum" instead of yarn. Those pictures positively make my mouth water... I really, really love the cardigan!

LORI LAWSON said...

Sandy, your sweater is awesome and the colors are so gorgeous. I just picked up some socks I had started knitting months and months ago. Dang, it was good to be knitting a sock again. Go for it! All my best (Lori)