Tuesday, July 24, 2007

more twistin'

this wonderful spindle was a gift from Kate and Chris
Ledbetter spindle 2 P7230153
isn't it gorgeous? and it has lots more than beauty going for it!! it spins like a dream and keeps on going.... Made by Ken Ledbetter of wenge (finial), mesquite (whorl) and maple (shaft) with embedded Russian lacquered brooch... and very well-made indeed!! Ken was in the booth next to ours at BSG, and Kate watched me drooling all over his spindles, then went back and got this for me!! lucky, lucky me!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn said...

Wow!! What a wonderful treat for your.

Angi said...

That is perhaps the most beautiful spindle I've ever seen!

Sandy said...

I sure do wish you could try it out! it really does spin like a dream. his website is www.kclwoods.com in case you want to take a look at his work.