Saturday, September 01, 2007

IKEA

see previous post... actually i do have something to say about it....

many of us in the Portland area have been impatiently waiting for the IKEA to open here, and finally they did!! for anyone who hasn't heard of (or experienced) this store... it is way more than enormous or gigantic.. and they seem to have just about anything you'd want for a home. and the prices are pretty good, too. i have been to the one in Seattle with Chris and Kate, so wasn't as overwhelmed as i might have been. went with my nieces, Jen and Maggie, and browsed, had lunch there in their cafeteria. their Swedish meatballs are very good. there was a
mob of people there, which makes me think i don't want to go on a weekend as the crush of people must be awful then. we went thursday mid-day.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

IKEA also has great "bookshelf" cubicle thingys that make great yarn/fiber storage. (Yeah, that's me, the great enabler speaking).

Sandy said...

oh, yeah!!! i looked at lots of the many shelf set-ups.. and made notes for the future! good thing IKEA is waaaay over the other side of Portland (about 50 miles). i don't get over that way very often!

Carolyn said...

Heh, heh. Our closest one is 6 hours away (Atlanta), so I am not often tempted, but most of what I got is BIG. Like my sink and stainless counter for my studio.