Friday, June 27, 2008

mmmmm... fibers!!!




this lovely collection of fiber is mostly from Lori 
and includes bundles of Merino/silk, Merino/alpaca/silk and BFL in various similar colors.  There is also a bundle of Merino/soysilk from Janice Thompson in Eugene.  The plan right now (always subject to change!) is to mix 'em up and ply each single with one from different bundle.  There will probably be some plyed to itself, tho.... we'll see.  it is all luscious!!




There seems to be a color theme going on here!

This is Merino/bamboo purchased from Patti at Sweet Grass Wools in Montana.  After going back to her booth several times to fondle this yarn, it became obvious that it should come home with me!







Kate and I also spent some time looking at sheep and goats.  the Shetlands were especially interesting to Kate.  We threw a bit a sanity into the mix and decided that this adventure will wait til there are fences in place to contain critters.  and i'm not so secretly hoping that angora goats will be part of the scheme!  My plan is to be the advisor/consultant... NOT the owner/keeper!  no more barn duty for me, thanks.....

While i was in Duvall, Zylie started my day with a harsh observation.  I was having morning coffee and she was sitting beside me, and said in her sweet little voice "gramma.... you look very old".  oh... ok...  ah, the sweet truthiness of a 5 year old!  When i told Kate, she passed on another "zylie-ism".   Seems Kate was told:  "Mommy, when i grow up, i want to look just like you!!  only prettier!"   



3 comments:

LORI LAWSON said...

Sandy, I can't wait to see what you do with all those lovely colors. It looks like a tide pool. As Margie would say: A with B; A with C; A with D; B with C; etc. etc. ad infinitum. And, don't feel bad about Zylie's comment. At lunch today, my friend and I (known her since age 14) were musing over all the odd brown spots we have all over our arms and chests and necks. I'm sure Zylie could come up with some great comments for us.

Sandy said...

I sure am having fun with them.. lovely to look at and a delight to spin. And i found 3
more bundles as i was unpacking booth stuff!! wheeee

can't remember who said this (CRS) but "I don't feel old. I don't feel anything til noon.
That's when it's time for my nap!"

sorenw said...

That's a Bob Hope quote - And a funny one