Monday, March 14, 2005

fibering

nothing new on the sweater. it's just languishing there. neglected. alone. have been spinning more yarn for it and am still
not entirely happy with how all these yarns come together. i really hate it when i get so dithery and stuck on a project... it
should be fun and i'm making it not so much fun. so, turned my back on that and spent a lovely sunny morning in
my studio carding little batts on my Duncan carder. my favorite so far is black merino with wild accents thrown in (almost
literally), such as wildly colored sari waste threads, bright pink (polar red), retro green (lime), and a few more subtle colors.
using silk and mohair locks with the threads. sometimes i'm my own worst enemy in the arena of fiber selling, cause i give
in to the temptation to keep the ones i love a lot. then i end up selling them later when i go into stash reduction mode.

No comments: