Tuesday, March 01, 2005

planning an adventure!

We got confirmation last night that we have a place to live in Vamos, Crete for 3 months beginning in september! Now i am
beginning to believe that this will actually happen..... and i've got a lot of Greek to learn in 6 months. i'm so excited about
this that my heart is racing, and thoughts are tumbling around in my brain each trying to become the focus of the moment!

My next sweater knitting plans have gone thru some changes to settle on the Kadrina cardigan shown in an earlier entry.
finally decided i want to follow a pattern and not go thru the anxieties of planning a sweater from scratch.... just plain dont
want to do the figuring and designing myself right now. i love the neck on this cardigan and love the yarn i bought for it...
and love that i actually bought some yarn for a sweater for the first time in i cant remember how long. and it is so soft and
lovely. i will supplement the store bought with some handspun, so am having fun dyeing some merino/tussah to spin for
it. i cast on last night on #5 circ. needle, getting 4.5 st/inch over a patterned swatch, and i think this will work.

Tomorrow i will send Kate Robertson my yarn for the Threads Project. it is a single from the armfull of yarn that my Greek
friend, Frosso, gave me in october when we were in Arachova, GR. (see my journal of the trip at http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=twistin2). I had some wool left that was given to me by Rosemary Wilkinson of Falkland Islands, so spun
some of that and plied with the Greek single. Rosemary's is a natural dark brown, and Frosso had dyed hers with natural
dyes a deep reddish brown.

2 comments:

Charleen said...

How exciting! Is this an extended vacation, or is work involved? Either way it will be a lot of fun.

Sandy said...

well, Charleen, this will be vacation, even though i'm
always on the look out for anything fiber or textile
related wherever i am! :-}