Monday, May 29, 2006

O frabjous day! ...

Callooh! Callay!* It is indeed a frabjous day Why??? because the sun is shining, it's warm outside, the flowers of my queendom are picking up their heads from the mud where the rain had slung them, rhodies are blooming in wild glory, clematis covers the arbor, there are even roses in bloom! and the poppies... bless 'em for seeding themselves in unexpected places. when the sun first started peeking out today, i went for a walk about to check on things. truth be told, i was out to assault the slug population with my shaker of salt, and was quickly diverted into deep appreciation for all this glory of great goddesses and mother of us all ... abounding everywhere i looked. and then i went to my studio and made an attempt to pay homage to the poppies and the multitude of reds, oranges, cream, pale pale peach, many pinks. in my eye it will remind me of the poppies, whether anyone else sees this corriedale roving and thinks of poppies doesnt really matter to me! photos maybe ... when it's dry.

and here's a photo of the Poppies corriedale top. havent spun any of it yet.


*thanks to Lewis Carroll and his jabberwocky

1 comment:

Pam said...

Twas brillig,and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimble in the wabe. I just love literature.