Thursday, July 20, 2006

more fiber/yarn

tried again on the other part of the current project, and was much more successful!!

I'm calling it "October" ... that's what it made me think of. Carolyn said the other one reminds her of violets.... so that's its name.

Oh, yeah, October!.. that's when we leave again for a big trip. departing Oct. 16 for 12 days in Italy, then back to Crete til Nov. 23. We will be renting the same house we were in last fall, so it will be kind of like "going home". We received a letter this week from our friend, Marina, in Vamos, Crete... a 2 page letter that looks like it's just chock full of news. The problem is... it's written in Greek. So this week we'll go to one of our favorite Greek restaurants (Santorini) in Portland and see if our friend, Nikos the bartender will translate it for us. And ... we'll probably have to have a glass of Mavrodaphne and dinner!

2 comments:

Angi said...

Sandy, Your stuff is so beautiful! So how much is your roving and how do I buy some?

Sandy said...

thanks, Angi!! I'm not doing much mail order stuff now, but I occasionally will put dyed fibers for sale on my
fiber blog http://www.woolgatheringsfibers.blogspot.com/ and put a note about it on the twistedmom blog and also on the Spin-Sales list. Other than that, i'm kind of sliding into a semi-retirement. If you see any of my dyed fibers that you esp. like, just email me and we'll "talk" :-}