Friday, March 30, 2007

yay!! I did it!..


for many knitters, i know this wouldn't seem like something to crow about, but i've had such a hard time wrapping my mind and yarn around the entrelac thing that it seems quite appropriate to me. i even made it harder for myself by trying to get a sample started while i was visiting my son's family where the grandkids keep the noise and activity level at high... making it pretty challenging to concentrate on knitting anything but the most basic knit one row, purl one row thing. but the real break-thru came during my 3 1/2 hour train ride back home, when i put on my headphones, listened to Cowboy Junkies and just look what i did!

5 comments:

sorenw said...

That looks pretty cool. What is it?

/Soren

Meg said...

Entrelac! Sandy, you've provided inspiration for the merino/tencel I bought from you. Now to find time to spin it.

Meg in North AL

sorenw said...

Oh. I didn't know about entrelac but now I do :-) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrelac

/Soren

Carolyn said...

Yay!!! You conquered and it looks great!

Charleen said...

Crow away - it's gorgeous!