Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I love entrelac!!!


well, i felt confident enough after the sample entrelac (last post) that i decided i could take off my training wheels and use some of my dye-along yarn and start an entrelac piece without knowing just what it will become. It could possibly become a hat... or maybe a small bag. And so, there i was knitting along and hardly needing to look at the directions any more, feeling just so confident... and then as i was admiring what i'd done, along came my humility lesson and whomped me. can you see my mistake? wish i'd seen it sooner. there is a selvage triangle missing on the right side, and nothin' to do but rip it back to where that triangle should be and put the damn thing in.

2 comments:

LORI LAWSON said...

Dang!!!! I hate when that happens. But, otherwise, the piece looks gorgeous. It's amazing how awesome entrelac looks knit up in handspun yarn. A little bag would be way cute.

Unknown said...

it is so nice to know stuff like this only happens to me!
Terry