Sunday, April 22, 2007

answers and etc

for Carolyn... my "non" traveling most often used spinning wheel is my VanEaton oak double treadle wheel, 24", double drive (does also have scotch tension).
Van Eaton wheelP4220056
The other wheel i use a lot is my Ernest Mason chair wheel. After Mr. Mason died, his daughter took over making the wheels for a few years, but i don't think anyone is making them now. both of these spinning wheels are much-loved treasures.
Mason chair wheelP4220058
Mason wheel sideP4220060
and for Terry... although dhJim has come over to the dark side as far as tolerating the pink flamingo decor (he can't really get away from them), "Flamingo Jim's" is a not-to-be-missed shop in Rockaway Beach... has everything from the tacky to the sublime!!

thanks, Lori! yep... these bright rovings "with attitude" do seem to do well at Black Sheep Gathering!! hope that's true again this year......

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hi Sandy,

You certainly have some beautiful and interesting non-travelers. I am at Blaine's house for the week and she and I and Mary Ann are taking the Level 1 Master Spinners course. Blaine says hi, too!

Anonymous said...

I am always looking for another Mason Wheel - I live in NE Portland and have one of the "newer" wheels made by Ernest Mason and Mr Anderson (his friend and apprentice who helped make more wheels for Ernest as he was losing his sight).

Noticed that your wheel is almost identical to mine (I do not have the bobbin-bar,lazy kate on my wheel).

Janet Potter
Portland, OR
503-936-4669