Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Twisted Sisters Knit Sweaters: A Knit-to-Fit Workshop

This is the new twisted sister book by Lynne Vogel and it will be released in August. Lynne just got an advance copy and you can read what she says about it on her blog www.handspuncentral.blogspot.com She let me see the galley, and i've gone through it and looked at every page and will now go back and really read it. I have to say that i do have a bias because Lynne is my dear dear friend and we have been working/playing with fiber together for years. Also, i know how much of her life and energy has gone into the creation of this beautiful
book. Lynne is really gifted in being able to explain and describe knitting in a way that makes me smack my forehead and say.... "ok, now i get it!" This book (like the Sock book) has gorgeous photos, the color is stunning, the layout beautiful, and the content will be so valuable to knitters that they'll wonder how they got along without it!! but you don't have to rely on my word on this... get your hands on a copy as soon as you can. you won't be sorry!! trust me on that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you betcha Queenie!

The socklady said...

Man surely do wish the book could have made an appearance at BSG. Have already pre ordered a copy but would have loved getting it signed at BSG, maybe next year.