Wednesday, January 30, 2008

new project


not that i'm easily distracted... actually probably always have been that way... but I started a new project last night.  as i was getting ready to begin (not beginning.. just getting ready to begin) going through my massive and messy stash in my spinning corner i discovered a bag of yarn i'd totally forgotten about, and had really intended to do "something" with.  So, all good intentions of stash organization and reduction were overtaken by the need to do something with that lovely yarn left from the dye exchange that Lynne and Pam and I did many months ago.  the perfect project is Lynne's "Justify" at Knitty.com !!  the yarn isn't quite "chunky", as called for, so i'm using US#8 needles (my much loved new beautiful wood needles, Options from KnitPicks), and cast on 10 sts more than called for.  And i also put some other yarns in the basket which were not part of the exchange, but will work well in this project!!  About 6 or 8 inches of this mobius wrap got knit while i watched Jon Stewart and then Stephen Colbert, followed by Boston Legal (three of the very few TV shows i watch regularly).  and so a new project is started while i got some good (and snarky) laughs for 3 hours!

And right now i really am going to get into the stash reduction.  really....

2 comments:

Lynne said...

hee hee!!! I LOVE it! Can't wait to see what you do. Those pictures don't do the yarns justice. They are much more colorful. L

LORI LAWSON said...

How lovely those yarns be. Don't you just love finding stuff you totally forgot about? Also, I think I saw an ad for "Snarky Yarns" the other day on Ravelry. I may be dreaming but I thought of you immediately. LL