Friday, October 10, 2008

it's Friday... i do believe..

my sense of time hasn't caught up yet with where i am and when it is.  if that doesn't make any sense.... well, it's like that some days.

my big accomplishment for the day was getting my duffel unpacked and things put away (kind of). I piled all my yarn and projects and fiber and spindles in one place, making me think that i probably got a bit carried away with how much i thought i "needed" to bring.  plus i have the lovely 4 new skeins from Denmark... wheeee!  I do believe i have plenty to get me thru til November.

It is sweet to be home in Vamos.  We went up to the town square last night wanting gyros for supper.  We settled for substitutes when we couldn't find that.  Saw some friends there and ended up sitting with them til 11 drinking beer, talking, laughing, planning parties.  Elena and Toine are working on arrangements for a raki making party, using grapes from their yard... YAY!  that will be good fun.

gotta say, the political scene is much nicer to follow from a distance... like when we WANT to know what's going on, we can check it on the internet, at our discretion.  the sentiment in Europe seems solidly for Barack Obama as our next president.

1 comment:

LORI LAWSON said...

I'm having fun looking at the pictures and following your travelogue. You guys have a great time!