Sunday, August 17, 2008

another project finished!!
















the Spirogyra Mitts, by Lynne Vogel and in Knitty Spring.  they were so much fun to knit (even with US#3 needles!) and i've got the next pair started in alpaca yarn that i dyed a few weeks ago, and in lighter springy colors.  now if the new needles i ordered from Knitpicks would get here i'd really be happy!!  i do love knitting with them, but my #3s are elsewhere occupied and i had to use regular old bamboo, not that i'm spoiled!  well, yes i am... and why not?

less heat today (only 89) and only 1 saw and hammer at work, so a way better day at dome central.  

a deer made off with the first ripe cherry tomatoes in the garden.  i didn't know they would pass up my roses and eat tomatoes.  i'd forgotten to close the gate to the veggie garden last night, so one of 'em must have just sashayed in.  i'd blame it on some other critter except for the telltale
hoof imprints around the tomato bush.  gate is closed now!

4 comments:

Angi said...

THose are so pretty!
I have a Louisiana friend who gets really cold hands in the humidity of their otherwise mild winter. I think I shall spin and knit her a pair!
Blessings,
Angi in Ohio

Sandy said...

thanks, Angi! I'll bet you'll enjoy making them.

woolwoman said...

Sandy,
Hi, my name is Marilyn and I live down the hill from your Banks place --on Killin road. We have a flock of Romneys and we actually met years ago when you still had sheep.
In the last 5 years I have become a spinner and only last month I discovered the twisted sisters' books. I loved the dyeing info in the sock book!
I am sad that you are moving away just when I realize I have a neighbor who is a fiber person. I have soooo much to learn! Will you be at the OFFF? If so I will try to find you there.

Sandy said...

hey, Marilyn! just wish we'd known sooner that both of us are spinners in the same neighborhood! if you want to email me it's twistin @ teleport.com and i'd love to hear from you!