Sunday, August 23, 2009

happy 20th anniversay, Northwest Wools!!

Last night we celebrated with Linda Berning, her 20th anniversary as owner of NW Wools in Multnomah Village, Portland.  It was a surprise party which was pulled off beautifully by her husband, Greg (whatta guy!) at Lucky Lab Pub in Multnomah!  i'm not positive, but i do think that it is the longest open yarn shop in portland.. and there is a good reason for that... Linda!  and it was wonderful to see all the people who were there to celebrate with her!  and in a scrapbook that her mom had made of photos, newspaper articles, shop related stuff, there's a class schedule from 1990 listing my beginning spinning class.  and i think i started consigning my dyed fibers and yarns there in fall of '89.  i feel so lucky to have had Linda's support and friendship all these years.. bravo!!  sad to say i forgot to grab my camera which i'd put out on the counter to take, so no photos from me.  hope i can snag someone's pics.

1 comment:

anne said...

Man I cant believe its bee that long!!! I wish I could have been there too!