Wednesday, November 28, 2012

really?? i mean really???



I need someone to knit 100% wool socks for me... (Vancouver, WA)


Date: 2012-11-27, 10:43PM PST
 xb8nq-3419516919@sale.craigslist.org[Errors when replying to ads?]

I have wool I bought to knit some socks for myself, but, I just don't have the time. If you would knit some socks for me I will pay you $10 per pair. If I love the socks you knit for me and my wool gets all used up in socks that you knit, then, I am open to you knitting socks for me in the future from your yarn for $20 per pair. The yarn has to be 100% yarn and must be handwashable.

Also, if you are a very experienced knitter, in the future I will be interested in hiring you to knit more items for me, such as sweaters for myself and my grandchildren.

Thanks so much!

    i saw this on craigslist.  not sure whether to laugh hysterically... or to have a raging rant over the ignorance on display here!  and she says she is a knitter??  really?  i'm sure knitters are lining up hoping to be chosen to knit her socks for.... ~$10~...a pair??  just think of all the money you could make just sittin' around knittin' socks.  i need to stop thinking about this before i go on a wild raucous profane rant!  maybe it's a joke?


2 comments:

LORI LAWSON said...

That ad was written from the Alzheimer's unit at some board and care facility -- the woman is living in the way past. Laughing hysterically is in order. Or maybe you should answer the ad and say you'd be happy to knit the socks but the charge will be $100 per pair. I wonder what the response would be?

Sandy said...

how can you tell??